On April 24 and 25, successful communicators and business leaders partner with Rutgers Food Innovation Center (FIC) – South staff to present a two-day seminar on the basics of marketing and communications for food business owners. Scheduled to be held at FIC in Bridgeton, NJ, the seminar will feature topics like pitching products to retailers, media relations, digital marketing, trade show and events, packaging and labeling, visual merchandising, food service marketing, social media, website development, and content marketing.
Among the New Jersey communicators and business leaders are:
- Peter Genovese, Feature Writer, Star-Ledger
- Bob Sickles, Owner, Sickles Market
- Cheryl Williams, Vice President, Digital Commerce and Innovation, Wakefern
- Jonathan Carl Raduns, Consultant, Visual Food Merchandising
- Brent Sonnek-Schmelz, Director, Water Street Partners
- Robert Hiller, Managing Director, Imagineer Marketing/Monarch Communications
- Ira Berkowitz, Owner, Monarch Communcations, Advertising, Marketing, Graphic Design
- James Caverly, Owner, Booskerdoo Coffee Company
- Reuben Canada, Owner and Creator, Jin-Ja
- Ed Hitzel, Food Writer, Radio and TV host, Ed Hitzel Enterprises
- Leslie Gurland, President, LogoTech
- Adam Taylor, Owner, Splendor Design Group
- Nick Taranto, Cofounder, Plated.com
- Deborah Smith, Founder, JerseyBites.com
- Michael Dresner, CEO, Brand² Squared Licensing
- Christine Xenakis, Senior Account Supervisor, Edelman
To learn more about the seminar, contact Diane Holtaway, associate director of Client Services at the Rutgers Food Innovation Center – South, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 856-459-1900, ext. 4514.
About the Rutgers Food Innovation Center
The Rutgers Food Innovation Center – South is a unique business incubation and economic development accelerator program, which is part of the New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station (NJAES) at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey. The Center provides business and technology expertise to startup and established food companies in the mid-Atlantic region, and utilizes its outreach capacity to reach food and agribusinesses throughout the world.