Governor Murphy is allowing community gardens to open May 22 making it a good time for gardeners to brush up on their growing practices. To assist these gardeners Rutgers Cooperative Extension Agriculture and Natural Resources Agents Peter Nitzsche of Morris County and Madeline Flahive DiNardo of Union County have put together a series of Community Garden Lunch and Learn webinars.
The webinars will be held on consecutive Wednesdays, beginning May 27 from 12:00 Noon – 1:00 pm. The schedule for the series is as follows:
· May 27 – Getting a Head Start on Weed Control
· June 3 – People and Food Safety in the 2020 Growing Season
· June 10 – Soil Management Basics
· June 17 – Compost Considerations for the Community Garden
· June 24 – Tree Fruit in a Community Garden
· July 1 – Looking Ahead to the Fall Crops
To register for the Community Garden Lunch and Learn programs.
The series will help gardeners and garden managers meet the challenges of community gardening during the 2020 growing season with strategies for growing great tasting fruits and vegetables while protecting the safety of fellow gardeners.
For more information, contact: Madeline Flahive DiNardo email@example.com,