For 90 years the Mt. Airy Dairy 4-H Club has been teaching kids about cows and the dairy industry, making it the oldest continually operating club in New Jersey and possibly the second oldest in the United States…By 1918 there were hundreds of clubs in New Jersey. On Nov. 30, 1923, the first meeting of the Mt. Airy 4-H Dairy Club was organized as the Mt. Airy Calf Club around a well curb outside the Village of Mt. Airy in West Amwell Township. Their first meeting was held at the home of Grover Williamson. Son John, later became mayor of West Amwell Township and owner of Williamson’s Dairy, was one of 10 members at that original meeting. Also at that meeting were E.J. Perry, the Dairy Specialist from Rutgers, and Mr. Oliver, the County Club Agent.
/ / / Hunterdon’s Mt. Airy Dairy 4-H Club turning 90